Looking for a good volunteer opportunity? Koh Tao International Primary takes volunteers all year round. Apply to be a volunteer through Workaway today!
We are situated on the island of Koh Tao in Thailand, in an area called Sairee, Jitsin Village in a jungle environment, but 10 minutes from the beach! It is a wonderful place to work, we are very much a family and love having new people to meet.
All of our children are a mix of Thai, Burmese and local expat families. Our staff are also made up of Thai, European and Burmese backgrounds. You will be exposed to Thai language classes, Thai Dancing, Thai and Burmese cooking and general island family life! You are able to work your hours around dive courses and other fun activities the island has to offer.
What do volunteers do?
- Assist teachers during class time, sitting with groups or individual students that need guidance while they work.
- Play time watch in the playground.
- Cleanup after classes and watch students while teachers prepare activities.
- Watch babies and toddlers with teachers, assisting in soothing, teaching and playing with them.
- Assist the school in camps and out of school activities that can involve swimming, sport or art.
Where do volunteers stay?
Volunteers can stay in the VOLUNTEER HOUSE for 300thb a week (about US$10) to cover bills.
Some volunteers also choose to stay in their own privately booked accommodation too.
For more information please go to our WORKAWAY PAGE HERE.